For Oxford kids who have completed 5th - 8th grade.
Children who have completed fifth grade may join either camp - Huskies or Teen Travel or split between the two (full weeks only).
On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday of each week registered campers are dropped off at Posypanko Park where they will board a bus to somewhere different each day. They will return to Posy at the end of the day for pick up.
On Thursdays, campers will be at Community Chapel
On Friday, campers will be picked up by bus at Posypanko Park and taken to Jackson Cove for the week's activity.
Lunch is included at least 2 days each week.
Our counselors return year after year and most have been trained and certified in CPR, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens and EpiPen administration.
Price: $200 per week per child, $1140 for all six weeks
Before Care (7:30-9:00am): $25 week per child
Deadline to register is June 30th. If there are still openings after June 30th, we will continue to accept registrations, with a $25 late fee per child - per week, up until one week before the start date you want, provided there is still room. We are limited to 40 kids each week.
LATE FEE ASSESSED AS OF JULY 1ST. If you choose to register after June 30th and do so one week at a time, you will be charged $25 each week.
Sorry, no sibling discounts are available for this program and there are no crossover discounts between Travel and Huskies
- Lunch will be provided 2 days a week.
- Masks will be required of campers and staff on buses and when indoors
- All parents must sign a waiver acknowledging the dangers of COVID-19
- Children exhibiting other symptoms such as cough, runny nose, rash etc. may be denied entrance to camp for the safety of other campers and our staff. Any child exhibiting symptoms while at camp will be isolated and a parent will be called.
- We reserve the right to modify these restrictions/requirements and plans as deemed necessary or as mandated by the State. If families do not follow these restrictions/requirements we will not be able to allow the camper to continue to attend.
The Weeks and the Trips:
Week 1 (July 5-9): Brownstone, Shelton Sports Center, It-Adventure Rope Course (Jordan's), Jackson Cove Beach
Week 2 (July 12-16): Brownstone, Lessard Bowling Lanes, Avery's Soda Factory, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 3 (July 19-23): Shelton Sports Center, Dave & Busters w/lunch, Lake Compounce, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 4 (July 26-July 30): Skyzone Trampoline, The Adventure Park, Farmington River Tubing, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 5 (Aug 2-Aug 6): Brownstone, Argia Mystic Sailing Trip, Berlin Batting Cages, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 6 (Aug 9-Aug 13): Shelton Sports Center, Thomaston Bowling, Lake Compounce, Jackson Cove Beach
Lunch: Thursdays at Community Chapel: Chicken tenders and fries/bottled water
Fridays at Jackson Cove: Pizza/bottled water
Please note that our camp director will eblast the Thursday before each camp week with lunch information, any time changes, detailed trip info and any other information that has changed or is not included in the camp manual. PLEASE LOOK FOR THAT EMAIL!
If it is raining, please be sure to call the info line to see if the drop-off location for OPR Travel Camp has been changed to Community Chapel (formerly Colonial Tavern). 203-888-2543, press 3 then 1.