This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
For Oxford kids who have completed 5th - 8th grade.
Children who have completed fifth grade may join either camp - Huskies or Teen Travel or split between the two (full weeks only). Please keep in mind, once they have signed up for a week in one camp you cannot transfer that week to the other camp. You can however, sign up for some weeks in one and some weeks in the other, provided that it's all done by the final registration dates and that there's still room in the travel camp.
Here's how Travel Camp works: On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday of each week registered campers are dropped off at Posypanko Park where they will board a bus to somewhere different each day. They will return to Posy at the end of the day where their parents can pick them up.
On Thursdays, drop off your camper(s) at Colonial Tavern, where the kids will have a pool party with a DJ.
On Friday, campers will be picked up by bus at Posypanko Park and taken to Jackson Cove for the week's activity.
Lunch is included at least 2 days each week.
You can register for any week or any combination of weeks you want. Only restriction is you must register early.
Our counselors return year after year and most have been trained and certified in CPR, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens and EpiPen administration.
- REGISTRATION BEGINS APRIL 2nd
- Price: $160 per week per child, $900 for all six weeks
- Before Care (7:30-9:00am): $25 per week per child
- Deadline to register is June 1st. If there are still openings after June 1st, we will continue to accept registrations, with a $25 late fee per child - per week, up until one week before the start date you want, provided there is still room. We are limited to 43 kids each week.
- LATE FEE ASSESSED AS OF JUNE 2nd. If you choose to register after June 1st and do so one week at a time, you will be charged $25 each week.
- Sorry, no sibling discounts are available for this program and there are no crossover discounts between Travel and Huskies
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- CAMP IS 5 DAYS A WEEK THIS YEAR!
- Camp Manuals will be available online. The manual provides greater detail about the trips, what time we would be expected back on each day, what days include lunch and what days do not.
- All participants will be given a T-Shirt that they must wear on camp trips. The shirt is used to identify that they are part of our group. There will be some days that pick up will be at a later time depending on the trip that day.
- We will have a Camp Information night for parents: Tuesday, May 22nd Oxford Town Hall at 6:00pm
The Weeks and the Trips:
Week 1 (July 9-13): Dave & Busters, Club Getaway, CT Sun Basketball, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 2 (July 16-20): Maritime Aquarium, Hammonasset Beach, Hartford Yard Goats, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 3 (July 23-27): Shelton Sports Center, Brownstone Discovery Park, Bowl-O-Rama, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 4 (July 30-Aug 3): Golf Quest, *Farmington River Tubing, Lake Compounce, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 5 (Aug 6-Aug 10): Movies/McDonalds, Splashdown Beach, Mets Baseball, Jackson Cove Beach
Week 6 (Aug 13-Aug 17): Hammonasset Beach, Bronx Zoo, CT Science Center, Jackson Cove Beach
*Week 3 - Download Brownstone Adventure Park Waiver - Fill out and bring to camp
*Download Farmington River Tubing Waiver for Week 4
If it is raining, please be sure to call the info line to see if the drop-off location for OPR Travel Camp has been changed to Colonial Tavern. 203-888-2543, press 3 then 1.
Additional Forms and Files: