This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
For Oxford kids who have completed 5th - 8th grade.
Children who have completed fifth grade may join either camp - Huskies or Teen Travel or split between the two (full weeks only). Please keep in mind, once they have signed up for a week in one camp you cannot transfer that week to the other camp. You can however, sign up for some weeks in one and some weeks in the other, provided that it's all done by the final registration dates and that there's still room in the travel camp.
Here's how Travel Camp works: On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of each week registered campers are dropped off at Posypanko Park where they will board a bus to somewhere different each day. They will return to Posy at the end of the day where their parents can pick them up.
On Thursdays, drop off your camper(s) at Colonial Tavern, where the kids will have a pool party with a DJ.
Lunch is included at least 2 days each week. Fridays, the campers are off.
You can register for any week or any combination of weeks you want. Only restriction is you must register early.
Our counselors return year after year and have been trained and certified in CPR, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens and EpiPen administration.
- REGISTRATION BEGINS APRIL 3
- Price: $140 per week per child, $800 for all six weeks
- Before Care (7:30-9:00am): $20 per week per child
- Deadline to register is June 1st. If there are still openings after June 1st, we will continue to accept registrations, with a $25 late fee per child - per week, up until one week before the start date you want, provided there is still room. We are limited to 43 kids each week.
- LATE FEE ASSESSED AS OF JUNE 2nd. If you choose to register after June 1st and do so one week at a time, you will be charged $25 each week.
- Sorry, no sibling discounts are available for this program and there are no crossover discounts between Travel and Huskies
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- Camp Manuals will be available online. The manual provides greater detail about the trips, what time we would be expected back on each day, what days include lunch and what days do not.
- All participants will be given a T-Shirt that they must wear on camp trips. The shirt is used to identify that they are part of our group. There will be some days that pick up will be at a later time depending on the trip that day.
- We will have a Camp Information night for parents: May 4 Oxford Town Hall at 6:30pm
The Weeks and the Trips:
Week 1 (July 10-13): Maritime Aquarium/IMAX, Monster Mini Golf, *Skyzone Trampoline
Week 2 (July 17-20): Lake Compounce, Jackson Cove Beach, Hartford Yard Goats
Week 3 (July 24-27): Nomads, Golf Quest, **Brownstone Discovery Park
Week 4 (July 31-Aug 3): CT Science Center, Movies/McDonalds, Lake Compounce
Week 5 (Aug 7-Aug 10): Bowl A Rama, Hammonasset Beach, NY Mets Baseball
Week 6 (Aug 14-Aug 17): Shelton Sports Center, ***The Adventure Park, **Brownstone Discovery Park
If it is raining, please be sure to call the info line to see if the drop-off location for OPR Travel Camp has been changed to Colonial Tavern. 203-888-2543, press 3 then 1.
Additional Forms and Files: