Iceland's Magical Northern Lights (10/27-11/2, 2021)
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Iceland's Magical Northern Lights
October 27 - November 2, 2021
Reykjavík, Northern Lights Cruise, Search for the Northern Lights, Golden Circle, Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss, Lava Exhibition Center, Vik, Seljalandsfoss, Skógar Museum, Skógafoss, Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon, Skaftafell, Vatnajökull Glacier, Blue Lagoon
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
- Day 1 Overnight Flight
- Day 2 Centerhotel Plaza, Reykjavik
- Day 3 – 5 Hotel Katla by Kea, Vik
- Day 6 Centerhotel Plaza, Reykjavik
Save $250 per person* These rates apply until April 28, 2021
* For bookings made after 4/28/2021 call for rates.
* Included in Price: Group Transportation to/from Airport, Round Trip Air from New York, Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges, Hotel Transfers
* Not Included in Price: Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $399 per person
* All Rates are Per Person and are subject to change based on air inclusive package from NYC
- DAY 1: Oct 27, 2021: Overnight Flight You’re on your way to Iceland, a land and culture forged by fire and ice. Where steaming lava fields and massive glaciers sculpt mountains and valleys, leaving thundering waterfalls and plunging fjords. In this land of many natural wonders, enjoy the rare opportunity to search for the aurora borealis — one of nature’s most dazzling light displays, also known as the northern lights.
- DAY 2: Oct 28, 2021: Reykjavík, Iceland - Tour BeginsYour tour opens in Reykjavík, Iceland’s capital city. Get acquainted with old town Reykjavík on a walking tour featuring Hallgrimskirkja church, city hall, the harbor, and the Parliament building. Gather with your fellow travelers at a popular restaurant for dinner featuring Icelandic cuisine. This evening, take an exhilarating northern lights cruise** and sail into the darkness of Faxaflói Bay in search of the aurora borealis.*
- DAY 3: Oct 29, 2021: Reykjavík - Golden Circle - Lava Exhibition Center - VíkTravel the Golden Circle to experience renowned natural wonders, including the explosive Geysir thermal area, the double-cascade Gullfoss waterfall, and the famous Thingvellir National Park, where you’ll stand upon the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Stop at the Lava Exhibition Center and delve into Iceland’s past and present volcanic eruptions. Continue to Vík. Drive out into the stillness of rural Iceland in search of the northern lights or venture out on foot. Enjoy three nights of searching to increase your likelihood of spotting the lights.*
- DAY 4: Oct 30, 2021: Vik - Seljalandsfoss - Skógar Museum - VíkJourney to Seljalandsfoss, one of Iceland’s most famous and unique waterfalls. Visit Skógar Museum and discover its turf-built homes and artifacts. Stand in awe before the impressive Skógafoss waterfall, one of Iceland’s tallest. Your journey continues to Reynisfjara, a volcanic sand beach surrounded by basalt formations and rich bird life. Look out over the natural rock formations at Dyrhólaey, a volcanic peninsula towering over the ocean. Get a sense of the local culture as you challenge your taste buds and sample traditional delicacies – hákarl (cured shark) and brennivín (schnapps). After dinner, gaze at the sky in search of the northern lights.*
- PLEASE CALL FOR A BROCHURE. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR A FULL ITINTERARY