Holiday Light Fight Entry Rules
1. Participation is open to all Oxford residential addresses.
2. Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
3. Town Employees/Staff including Park & Recreation Commission Members, their immediate family members, and business fronts are not eligible to participate for prizes.
4. Entry Applications must be received no later than 5p.m on Monday, December 12th, 2022.
5. Contestants must complete the entry form on Oxfordrec.com. Submitting their name, address, phone number, email address. They also must enter ONE CATEGORY they will be judged in;
• Deck the Halls – Best use of lights, wreaths, garlands, etc. No inflatables, animation, or music.
• Jingle Bell Rock – Best use of lights with animation and music, or animation to music. No inflatables.
• The Cousin Eddie - Best use of inflatables. Lights can be included but not main attraction. No music.
• Full Griswold –Best use of lights, music, inflatables, the works!
Participant is responsible for entering under the correct category. Once submitted, you cannot change. They also must sign a waiver allowing use of their address and photo of their decorated house. Photos will be used for publicity and may be posted on Oxford government websites and Oxford Parks & Recreation Facebook pages and to assist judges in the voting process. They are not intended to be voted on. We understand many of the participating homes may have music or other features that add to the effect of the lighting display. The photos are not indicative of the true decorations and design. Judges will view the homes in person from the roadway.
6. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
7. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
8. By submitting your entry, you agree to have your address posted on FB or Oxfordrec.com. All entries may be used by Oxford Parks & Recreation Department / Commission in printed publications, on any web asset, or in any other media, and may be copied and displayed, provided that all uses are accompanied by appropriate attribution to the photographer. Oxford Parks and Recreation and Oxford Parks and Recreation Commission holds copyright to the collection of photos that constitute the contest. Oxford Parks & Recreation Commission shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgment, winner eligibility. A selection of winning photos/with address locations may be featured on websites - and in exhibitions throughout Oxford. Winning images also may be used on social media, in publications, etc.
9. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
10. Judging criteria will include:
i. Does the house match their category entry
ii. Is there a unique design and creative use of lights and decorations
iii. Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.
iv. Overall presentation
11. Judging will be done by Oxford Parks & Recreation Commission Members and/or Oxford Town Officials on Friday, December 16th, 2022 from 5p.m. through 9 p.m.
12. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging period on Friday, December 16th, 2022 from 5 p.m. through 9 p.m.
13. There will be a 1st prize winner in each of the following categories: (Prizes are a Gift Certificate for P&R programs or events.)
• Deck the Halls! (Best use of traditional holiday lights, wreathes, greenery, garland No inflatables, animation, music, etc.)
• Jingle Bell Rock! (Best use of lights with sound/music display, no inflatables)
• The Cousin Eddie! (Best use of inflatables, lights can be included but not main attraction)
• The Full Griswold! (Best use of lights, can include music, inflatables, animation, etc.)
14. Winners will be announced on Monday, December 19th, 2022 and posted on Oxford Parks &
Recreation Website and Facebook page.
15. Winners do not need to be present to win. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email.
16. Residential addresses winning a 1st place category are limited to two consecutive years.
17. Rules and dates are subject to change.
18. Be creative, be festive, and have lots of fun!